(click image to enlarge)
In 1864, the rich marble merchant, Giuseppe Fabbricotti, bought an ancient hunting lodge in the north of Florence. He employed the architects, Vincenzo Micheli and Antonio Cipolla, to transform it into a luxurious residence, and probably commissioned Giuseppe Poggi to design the garden. In 1894, Fabbricotti played host to Queen Victoria and her retinue on her last visit to the city. Acquired by the Italian state in 1935, the villa and garden went on sale in 2016.